IT’S A WRAP ON AUGUST
Welcome to the monthly roundup for August! Just in case you slept on this month or were out raving and misbehaving, I got you. Below you’ll find news, releases, and new artist discoveries made this month.Did you go hard this month? Here's a reminder of what went down in the music world during the… Click To Tweet
- Freaked out a bit when Taylor Swift went dark on social media
- Falls in love with RiRi pics from Barbados. Upon closer inspection, Internet accuses RiRi of Photoshop fail. Internet falls back in love with RiRi as Diplo reveals in a GQ interview that she said one of his songs “sounded like a reggae song at an airport.”
- Beyonce offers coffee table book titled “How To Make Lemonade”
- Sharon Van Etten & Maggie Rogers cover Sheryl Crow
- DJ Perly becomes the first woman to win the DMC US Finals
- Unruly feat Popcaan wins Red Bull Culture Clash in ATL 2017:
- Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow” is taking over the charts
- Seriously, Cardi B is making history
- The Jay-Z and Kanye feud continues
- The VMA’s were…interesting. Check the winners here. I can’t decide if Ellen was the best bit or Fifth Harmony.
- In other T Sweezy news, Judge dumps lawsuit filed by the man accused of groping her
- Solange announces shows in New York, DC, and BERKELEY (yay!!!)
- Tina Fey, Seth Meyers, and Jimmy Fallon return on SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’
- Also, some sort of eclipse happened I think 😉
- Daniel Caesar releases debut album Freudian, featuring songs with Kali Uchis, Charlotte Day Wilson, Syd, and H.E.R.
- Melbourne’s Zellow is back with an enticing new single, “Blood Orange“. Be sure to check out our interview with the rising star!
- Bibi Bourelly releases Boy EP
- Princess Nokia is at it again with “Brujas” and “Kitana“
- August sees the return of Action Bronson with Blue Chips 7000
- Watch the music video for Kelela’s “LMK” from her debut album due on October 6th:
- Introduce Me: featuring IAMDDB, Ayelle, and Smerz
Bump the playlist for new music released in August
And don’t forget to follow along on Instagram for more frequent new artist recommendations.