IT’S A WRAP ON JULY
Welcome to the monthly roundup for July! Just in case you slept on this month or were out raving and misbehaving, I got you. Below you’ll find news, releases, and new artist discoveries made this month.Did you go hard this month? Here's a reminder of what went down in the music world during the month of July Click To Tweet
- Soundcloud laid off 40% of its staff. Would losing Soundcloud change music? Will Chance the Rapper save Soundcloud?
- Sampha covered Solange’s “Cranes in the Sky” and made Solange cry (let’s be real we all cried):
- Martha Stewart says a word she shouldn’t have while hanging out with Snoop-a-loop
- Hip-Hop is officially the most popular genre in the U.S.
- Watch the trailer below for Channel 4 U.K. documentary about Kanye and Jay-Z:
- 2017 is poised to be the year of streaming
- Splendour in the Grass (AUS) is over now. Check out Triple J’s standout performers on the closing day
- Watch the video below to hear Mike Will Made-It explain how Beyonce’s “Formation” came to be:
- Chester Bennington (Linkin Park frontman) dead at 41
- Jay-Z’s 4:44 became available on platforms other than Tidal. It was also certified platinum. He also released a video for “The Story of OJ”
- Lana Del Rey released her 5th studio album and people can’t stop talking about it
- Mura Masa’s self-titled debut is hella good and everybody is on it
- Kesha releases “Praying” and “Woman“, the latter featuring the Dap-Kings
- Purity Ring celebrate the 5th anniversary of Shrines with new song “Asido“
- Watch a music video directed by the queen of future pop herself, Miss Charli XCX. Her new single is titled “Boys” and like, every boy is in this vid:
Ren with the Mane
The Sometimes Island
- Introduce Me: featuring Brika, Zellow, and Abir
Bump the playlist for new music released in July
And don’t forget to follow along on Instagram for more frequent new artist recommendations.